Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Your clothes get washed while you get sloshed!"

Wednesday night I found myself desperately needing to do a load of laundry. I also found myself sitting in a darkened room with no power... staring at the wall.

I was on the brink. My clothes were crammed into the laundry basket. I had laced up my shoes and thrown on my jacket. A trip to the dreaded laundromat was in my immediate future. Then... suddenly... lights! Power! Laundry in the comfort of my own home!

While watching the Daily Show... far away from the annoyingly rhythmic sounds of an agitating washer... I began to think. Why did I loathe the laundromat so immensely?

The previously mentioned out-of-time beat of 15 washers going at once?

The irritating clang of a metal snap bouncing off the side of a dryer?

The mysterious piece of underwear left in my chosen machine?

The thought of days spent pacing the halls of the Ellicot Complex waiting for that asshole to come get his laundry so I can get my mine done sometime before 2am?

It wasn't any one of those things that made me hate laundromats so much. It was all of them.

So with that I give you the next item on my Buffalo Wishlist.


Photo: Brainwash Cafe Laundromat; San Francisco, CA

A full service bar and food menu. Live music. A real live person to help you with your laundry woes. WiFi. Comfortable seating.

Imagine a place to hang out with friends, suck down a Bacardi and Coke and get your laundry done! Now that is what I call time management.

If only they had bowling lanes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

or this

http://www.sudsys.com/