Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lucky Buffalo

While browsing through the pictures in my girlfriend's latest gossip magazine...

I stumbled upon on an article about
Lucky Strike Lanes. Yes, it is a bowling alley. No, it's not a bowling alley. It's a bowling lounge. Well, it's a lot of things. It's an upscale lounge with bowling lanes. High-tech bowling lanes.

To put it simply - it's pretty fucking cool.

The article talked about Lucky Strike Lanes in Chicago. It wasn't until I visited their website that I learned they have locations all across the country. Hollywood, Las Vegas, Boston, Philly to name a few. Now you might think Dave and Buster's when you read this. You would be wrong. Lucky Strike Lanes is an adult playground. No one under 21 is allowed in after 9pm. Prior to that any minor must be accompanied by an adult. They are known for their huge menu and amazing drink selection. Just browsing through the photos on the website had me drooling.

Admittedly I love bowling. Being from Buffalo, I know I am not the only one. My choices, however, when it comes to bowling are... well, pathetic. For being such a bowling hotbed, Buffalo's bowling lanes... suck. You have the choice of seedy or suburban. Voelkers and Broadway Lanes... or Transit and Thruway Lanes. Tonawanda or Lockport?

So I give to you the next big thing for Downtown Buffalo!





Photo source: bowlluckystrike.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! I wandered into the Chicago location and it was killer. It was cold as ass outside and we needed to just relax for a few hours and warm up. A couple two, three beers, a few frames, some laughs. Nearly the best part of the weekend.
If I could have that 52 weekends a year, Id die a happy camper.