Thursday, November 15, 2007

Buy Buffalo

I challenge everyone to buy local this holiday.

When you shop locally owned businesses, you keep your money in the community and help the local economy. When you shop national retailers, you send your money off to the home office to benefit another economy in another community.

Make up your shopping list and head down to Elmwood this Saturday. That is where I will be.
I have set a personal goal to buy at least half of the items on my list locally. If all goes well, I will likely knock out the majority of what I have planned to buy.

So... avoid the mall (do you really want to deal with that traffic?)... forget about Target... and make your first stop Elmwood Ave. I guarantee you will be surprised at what you find.

There are also plenty of places to park. So don't worry about having to walk a mile in the rain or snow. A block or two won't kill you though. You do live in Buffalo after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and don't forget about Hertel, nice shopping there as well