Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Little Things

You look in the mirror
At lines that were not there yesterday
And find a couple more hairs turned grey
With a nervous glance at me
You wonder if
I notice "Little Things"

Later, as I lay beside you
And sleep has closed your eyes
I think of the way you stroked my hair
And how, before you hung my jacket
You held it close to you

I reach out and take your hand
And with all the Love the world has ever known
I bring it to my lips
For yes
I notice "Little Things" - Javan

I woke up this morning - my back hurting from a long day previous - in no mood to repeat the inevitable. My alarm spoke of my fate. I thought of... no time breakfast... long drive... frozen car... cranky old men... a world without patience. Then I turned to my soul mate... sleeping so peacefully... with our dog curled up beside her. In an instant, she reminded me of the "little things".

It's the little things that are important.

Remember that today... and every day.

No comments: